Easyboots v/s shoes

Hi all!

I'm currently evaluating an barefoot arab for CTR/LSD.  He's off the
racetrack and has long toes, short heels.  I'm making an appointment for the
farrier to come out and at least shorten those toes, but I'm wondering if I
should have him shod or get easyboots.

I'm going to go read testimonials on the Web but wanted to hear if any of
y'all had current experiences using easyboots instead of shoes.