Re: RC: Easyboots v/s shoes

Hi Tara,

I have used easy boots on all my horses since 1995.   They are outside
almost all the time, and I have seen a wonderful change in the health of
their feet over the years.

We live in an area where the footing is quite rocky, so I use the
e-boots for conditioning around home - although I sometimes pleasure
ride without them.

Last year I completed two rides barefoot - a 40 mile and a 30 mile CTR
on my arab gelding, Carbon.    He was not the least bit sore afterwards,
and was in the ribbons for both.   The footing for both rides was dirt
or sand - on rocky terrain, I use his boots!

I do all my own trimming, and try to follow the 'natural' ideas.
Besides saving the cost of a farrier, I have not experienced any foot
problems with any of our seven horses during this time period.  Easy
boots do take some getting used to - but Ridecamp's Karen (of Rocky and
Dream Weaver fame) has a site that will explain everything.  Good luck.

Helen McMaster,
Ontario, Canada.
(wondering just how deep snow can get??)