Re: slide in campers

When I decided to get serious about endurance riding three years ago I
also decided I was way too old to sleep on the ground, get up wet and or
cold and potty in the forest. I bought a used but clean 8 foot  self
contained camper and have loved it ever since. I have used it on an '89
F250 and on my new F350  pulling a two horse trailer and gone every
where with no problems. As a single woman I have learned to put it on
and take it off by myself with the crank jacks and its no big deal once
you get over the nerves part of the thing. My first two season I put it
on and took it off every race, since then I have learned to back with it
more effectively and just leave it on. When I am caught in a cold rain
storm when riding it has come in kind of handy a couple of times as I
keep warm clothes in it all the time.
When I come in from a race cold and tired and am able to sip hot tea,
cuddle in a blanket for a nap and then take a hot shower I know I made
the right decision.
Warm and cozy in d'camper, Terry