Re: Asking too much

>>Actually, the 'stock' horse people could have horses that are in better condition, too, if they rode them to condition them...most people take them to events and spend no time inbetween (except for an occasional practice or afternoon trail ride which translates to 8 miles in 6 hours maybe) conditioning them to build their lungs and cardio and muscles, etc. the way we do our endurance horses.  How much better athletes they would be!  :)<<

Absolutely.  I went to watch our National Derby the other day.  It's a long track for a showjumping competition 1600 metres, with all of the fences at maximum height for International A grade.  By the fourth to last fence, most of the horses were tiring.  Interesting that the riders who did the best were those whose horses get regular road work as well as schooling : they had the stamina and the "legs" to carry them round that awesome track.

Tracey