Melanomas

Title: Melanomas

Yes, there is a risk of it being terminal cancer, but my geldings dam had terrible melanomas, and she lived to be around 30 y.o.  My gelding has little lumps too and he’s 10 y,o.  The vets are not the least bit concerned about the lumps.   If the horse is well bred and produces good get, I see nothing wrong with buying this mare for  a broodmare. (Except if you wanted to make a profit!)

If you just want a pleasure horse or an endurance horse, of course you can get them much cheaper and younger.

My gelding’s dam with melanomas produced a couple of real nice fillies that were sold to Brazilians for major bucks when the market was good.  My gelding is a really nice horse, too.  Good personality and athletic if I can keep his wheels straight, but that’s a totally different story.

K.