Re: RC: [Fwd: Trailer fire!]

Cliff...

It is VERY important that you carry a fire extinguisher in your tow
vehicle.  I learned this a long time ago towing boats.  Brakes can cause
this problem, also.  This is right up there with wearing a helmet!

A fire extinguisher can save your trailer, your truck, and most
importantly, your horse! I have stopped and put out a fire in someone
else's trailer!

I know lots of people do it, but I would NEVER haul my horse with
shavings on the floor of my trailer.  The rationale is that it absorbs
the pee and/or makes the floor less slippery.  If you have good rubber
mats, this is ridiculous, unless you drive like maniac! I take my horse
off every 3-4 hours anyway, and they NEVER pee in the trailer.

Scary...glad it turned out well for you.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche, and Mahada Magic

--
Richard T. "Jim" Holland
Three Creeks Farm