Beet pulp isn't widely available

Maggie said:

>> I can't figure out why everyone can't get beet pulp! It's widely
available. Your local feed guy just has to be willing to ship it. We
couldn't find it locally either until I put up a big fuss. We started
feeding it, recommended it to clients and now everyone sells beet pulp.
Of
course, Michigan grows a lot of sugar beets. However, some of our beet
pulp actually comes from out of state! <<

Here in west Texas I'm having hell getting beet pulp.  First I got a bag
that was full of trash.  Plenty of wood slivers and even painted pieces
of wood.  I can't get Manna Pro beet pulp pellets anymore. I even called
the Calf Manna Company and they have told me they aren't making the
pellets anymore.

On my countertop is a receipt from a feed mill for three bags of beet
pulp pellets.  They were full of weevils.  The receipt is dated October
11.  The man keeps telling me (and my endurance riding friend who bought
8 weevely bags) that it is supposed to be here on Thursday, then on
Saturday, then on Thursday, then on Saturday and so on and yet no beet
pulp.

I've called around within a hundred mile radius, I've called Nebraska,
Missouri, and Colorado.  And no, I've not thrown a hissy fit as it would
do no good.  People are trying for me to find the stuff.  Unfortunately,
I don't have the space to store the tonnage of beet pulp that gets feed
mills snapping on my order.

My friend and I, discussing horses, worms, and weevils the other day
pondered just what would the consequenses of feeding weevily beet pulp
to our horse be?  Just kidding of course, but now I am frightfully low
on the one bag I did have and wondering where to go next.

So, I'm tickled pink that the rest of nation can get the stuff.  But
here in west Texas it isn't available.

Kris