Re: Really important question

Ahh, a fellow addict....Having enough coffee in me at rides has become a
religion to me over the last 20 years! I usually don't even have a crew, so
it becomes doubly important to plan ahead.  A Coleman stove will brew coffee
very well.  There are two choices- one is a perking pot designed to go on
the stove top.  I have a clear pyrex one that brews excellent coffee - I
think the aluminum ones make the coffee taste bad.  Let it boil gently for
about 5 minutes - more or less depending on taste.  The second option is to
boil water and use the filter pack type inserts.  It is basically a large
teabag full of coffee that you would plop in a pan of boiling water.  I have
found that the single tea bag type are not very tasty- I think they use some
instant coffee. There is a coffee pot you can plug into a cigarette
lighter - look in truck stop stores off the interstate!

I always send a small thermos of coffee with my vet check stuff, but have
found that there are GU-like supplements (but another brand name I can't
remember) that have caffeine or even what they refer to as 'double caffeine"

One time years ago at a ROC, my partner and I were planning on riding
together but got separated early on (he ended up winning) and so we were not
even at the checks together.  At the second or third check, our crew had
left to follow him, before I got there, and had left me a bucket with some
grain, a granola bar on top of the grain and next to the granola bar was two
caffeine pills.  I think everyone thought I was on drugs!!

Good luck -

Laura Hayes #2741