Dogs

Most people love or like dogs but no dog ever should be loose or off
leash at a ride where they can annoy people and/or horses or other dogs
to say nothing of kids on bikes.  I think of dogs as unsanitary and
should all be kept away from human food.  I like to eat in peace and
with sanitary conditons. Dogs do make people who travel alone feel
safer; but all dog owners need to be considerate of everyone else at
rides.

Whenever I ride or jog, I always carry a water bottle and a squirt
towards any annoying dog. It works with great results without hurting
anyone or any dog.  I learned this from my son (a non horse person)
because he often pedaled his bicycle from Staunton, VA to Oberlin, Ohio
and he said the squirting of water towards an annoying dog always worked
for him.

I have had dogs most of my life and currently have one who weighs close
to 90 lbs; but would NOT think of having him go loose and annoy anyone.

Betty DeMar Mueller, Equine Artist