Re: Girths

Really,  really ticklish subject.

I prefer the PVC neoprene cinches made by Professional's Choice.

But there are horses allergic to one kind of neoprene and not the other.

I have seen horses with neoprene allergies just turn to hamburger everywhere
the neoprene so much as touched them.

Some people prefer mohair, but I've seen horses torn all to bits by thorns
stuck in the mohair.

Leather english girths really need to be covered with something for the long
haul and then you get back into the sticker issue.

But some people use tack entirely covered with fake sheepskin and never have
a problem with thorns.

As I said, a ticklish subject.

I'm afraid it's a trial and error thing until you find what works for you in
your area.

What are you currently using?  If it's working, why change it?