Re: RC: Re: Really important question

>Sandy...
>
>Yuck....Only the Marine Corps makes worse coffee than that! (Which is
>where I learned to drink my coffee with two spoons of sugar)  <grin>
>
>Jim, Sun of Dimanche, and Mahada Magic
>
>Sandy Bolinger wrote:
>>
>> Or really basic like we used to do it in hunting camp...boil water in the
>> coffee pot and toss in a couple of handfuls of ground coffee...let it boil
>> for awhile...take pot off the stove and toss in a pinch of smashed up eggs
>> shells...for some reason the shells make the grounds sink to the
>> bottom...its called COWBOY  COFFEE. Gets really good after about a week
>> using the same pot and just adding more grounds and water each day...When
>> there is too much grounds to add any new water...then its time to start
>> over! YUM!

Double yuck!

For years, even at home where I have AC power, I've made my morning coffee
using a Melita drip coffee cone (the low tech version of a Mr. Coffee) and
more recently with a french press
(http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cjgo/frenprescofm.html).  A propane burner to
make a pan of boiling water -- and you are in business!

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky