From: Jennifer Kurtzhall
To: Annie George
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 7:30 PM
Subject: RC: Trot/Canter

Shouldn't we consider which is harder on the horse MECHANICALLY as well as just what the heart monitor says? My horse canters with a lower heart rate but I wouldn't let him canter a whole ride. The canter puts a lot more weight on the front end and if your NOT changing leads it's uneven concussion isn't it?

I would think that a good ground covering trot, not the big extended floaty kind, with a little cantering here and there to break it up is the most efficient way to get down the trial.

JK