RE: Re: forgetful? or need a doctor?

I'd vote for the doctor too. When I was about 12 my family moved to Ojai, a
small town in southern Cal with more horses than people practically. I
didn't have a horse and would ride anything that came along. At some point
when I was about 14 I recall there being a fuss about my back, my posture
and so on and being told that I should wear a back brace. I negotiated a
settlement with my mother and took up folk dancing, which requires very
upright posture. I also recall having my back go into spasm for the first of
many times around the same time. Skip ahead about 35 years and I was in
Alexandria, Egypt seeing an orthopedic surgeon friend of mine because I had
a weird pain in my arm that he thought might be connected to my neck. I was
a relatively frequent visitor at the hospital as I was starting to ride
again after a 20 year hiatus and I had to come in to have my lip stitched up
(horse related), my leg stitched up (t-post related) and various other
bangs. So just for fun he x-rayed my entire spine and asked when I broke my
back.
I was stunned. I don't remember breaking my back ever, but the spinal
processes (those finger things that the muscles attach to) are broken off
three vertebrae in my lower back. Mohamed assured me that any normal human
being would have been in bed in agony from such an accident. Unfortunately,
my mother died about 16 years ago and no one else remembers an accident like
this either....but we were a pretty active family. The body is an amazing
thing. Check it out.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
maryanne@ratbusters.net