garlic

Does anyone know exactly what the benefits are supposed to be in feeding a
horse garlic on a daily basis..... other than that of aiding in keeping away
the flies and insect pests during the summer months.

The head yard girl at the stable where I livery said that I should
definitely have my Andalusian on daily garlic. She is so convinced of this
that she began him on the garlic from her own personal supply , while I
ordered some for Kiowa himself.

On another list, I just read that someone's vet told them that garlic is
poison to horses ( " one reason the insects avoid the garlic fed horses
during the summer" ) , and that it should never be fed to horses under any
circumstances.

I don't think that I really believe this, but what are the experiences of
other readers?

Lynn

Chris White and Lynn Schrameyer-White
Schrameyer-White Gallery