Re: Fwd: Re: RC: Fwd: RE: Fwd: Arab Terrorist

In a message dated Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:37:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "hope lundquist" <wwho20@hotmail.com> writes:

> Dear Heidi: Calm down! Facts are facts.

Gee, Hope, that is exactly the message I was trying to get across--and folks like Maryanne, who you accuse of being in denial, have been asking from the beginning that we insist on knowing what is fact and what is fiction before reacting by condemning entire nations for the actions of the criminal element that may have originated there.  Once again, you print "ARAB" nations in all caps to emphasize the ethnicity of the particular criminals.  Why?  This is like condemning all white Americans for Timmy McVeigh, all blacks for groups like the Black Panthers, etc.  Yes, please, Hope, let's DO stick to the facts.  We have been attacked by criminal terrorists who, it appears, are of Arab ethnic origin.  That is NOT the same thing as being attacked by Arab countries.  Is this a form of war?  Certainly.  But different than any we have ever known as a nation.  The aggressor is not in the form of a nation or a group of nations, but in the form of a fanatical group that will run and hide anywhere.  Do we need to fight
them?  Absolutely!  I hope they are found and punished.  But once again, let's aim at the right targets.

Heidi