Re: RC: RE: A Sad State of Affairs

The Tevis is a big ride with lots of people, riders, crew, etc. It's an event
with a lot of the activities in public places. Fairgrounds are open, as are
small towns where checks are held. And I would assume just about anyone that
wanted to could walk into Robbie Park.

Situations like this are a haven for crooks, whether looking for cash or credit
cards out of a wallet, or whatever else. I would expect that whoever took a
saddle, cooler or whatever else were not typical of an endurance ride. They may
also find that a saddle and cooler aren't of much value in the pawn shops. I
would suspect that the ride may have been the target of a few people who wanted
to see what they could get. A ride like the Tevis with it's size and with its
proximity to large urban areas is a natural target.

That implies a couple things. First is each rider has to be more careful and the
Tevis organizers will need to start to take security into consideration.

Truman