Re: LD vs. CTR

----- Original Message -----
From: Bethany
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 7:48 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: LD vs. CTR

Hi all,
I'm a newbie, and I'm looking to go on my first ride in October. I have been doing LSD conditioning on my 8 y/o Arab (Scott) for a few months now. I believe we'll both be
ready for a short ride by October. So here's my question; what's the big difference between limited distance and competetive trail? The two rides we're
trying to choose between are the Alum Creek 15/30 CTR in OH on Oct. 27th, and the Fort Valley Limiteds 25 miler in VA on Oct. 26th. I would also like to hear from anyone who has been on these rides, what they thought of them, ect. Thanks!

=====
~~*Bethany & Tony*~~

The difference is with CTR you trot your horse, slowly,  with "judges" watching you; in Limited Distance you canter like Hell screaming out, "Passing left, passing right, thru the middle!" Or, if you're that rude woman from Malibu, you say, "Get out of my way!"

Limited Distance rides are a blast, but one of the reasons most endurance riders want to go further is because they're over too quickly (I'm sure you won't do this, Bethany).  I've seen riders do 25's in under 2 hours ride time down here in the Southeast.  The good news is you'll have plenty of time to drink a beer, take a nap, wake up and socialize when it's all over.

cya,

Howard