Re: RC: LD vs. CTR

Bethany,
As for whether you would prefer doing LD or CTR, that's a personal thing.
CTR you are timed against yourself, there's a minumum as well as a maximum
time, and the horse is judged on condition.  For a list of the rules go to
http://www.ahaodistance.org.
Alum Creek is a wonderful place to ride, as long as it's pretty dry.  If it
rains for a few days before then you don't want to be anywhere near it!
(Been there, done that, pulled at 15 miles because we were NOT having fun!)
Hills, though not overly long and steep, and lots of fun. I'm very much
looking forward to doing it again this year, if all goes well with my
gelding.  If you decide to do that one let me know; you can ride with me --
or one of my buddies if somethign happens that I don't make it -- and we'll
show you the ropes.
Mickie