Re: LD vs. CTR, Ft Valley Rides

Howard & Bethany,

I can't speak to the Alum Creek ride in Ohio, but the
Ft Valley rides will DEFINITELY take more than 2 hours
for the LD.  :-)  It uses the same trails as the Old
Dominion 100 - a rough, rocky trail with significant
climbs.  It is definitely challenging.

I think Steph Teeter tried the 3 days of the Ft Valley
rides last year & came away with a new appreciation of
endurance riding in the NE/Virginia.  This ride is not
a "run".

I wouldn't call the Ft Valley rides "novice rides" if
that's what you're looking for.  If you want scenic &
challenging, these are it!  It is challenging enough
that your newbie horse will NOT turn into a run away
in all of the excitement.  He'll be working too hard.

I'll be there with my young horse & Mike's new horse,
a Standardbred harness newly off the track this
spring.  I enjoy this ride, but I'm a glutton for
punishment!

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
West Virginia