RE: 7/1 re: Butler on Barefoot/Strasser/fads...

Hi Darla...
Hope it was ok to bring U into this discussion....  & actually "low heel"
isn't bad... the low heel in most horses* is the "GOOD Heel!"... that's the
way both heels should look, its only called "low heel" in the "Barefoot
world" to delineated it from the chronic "High Heel".

Now that I'm handling 40 horses feet... I'm absolutely amazed at how many
have a low/high heel syndrome...  They're like women's boobs,  no two ever
match exactly.  <BBG & LOL>, some are just slightly different, & others
quite a bit more & that's when they fall into a "clubby" description....  I
prefer using the word "clubby", (just my own hang-up)... as I think a true
Club foot is a birth defect,  a horse that is a little bit clubby (to me)
has developed the clubby foot due to an injury where he stood on the other
leg more, or his style of grazing with the same foot in front of the other
all the time.  I'll also refer to this as a high/low syndrome.  Those are
easier to correct than the birthed horse with a true genetic defect.

Darolyn Butler-Dial  & Mark Dial  (COWBOY)

             CYPRESS TRAILS EQUESTRIAN CENTER & HORSEMAN VIDEO SHOWCASE

             Proven Endurance Horses for Sale or Lease.

Adventure Trail Rides * Boarding * Training*Lessons *Parties

Represents:   Sharon Saare Saddles, Professional Choice, Advanced Biological
Concepts,  & KM (Human Electrolytes)

ADVOCATE :THE WHOLE HORSE TRIM (Barefootin")

21415 Cypresswood Dr.  Humble, Texas 77338

        Ph:  281 446 7232    Fax 281 446 0113  Toll Free (800) 228 8768

      e mail: darolyn@swbell.net <mailto:darolyn@swbell.net>
http://home.swbell.net/darolyn/