7/1 re: Butler on Barefoot/Strasser/fads...

According to Strasser dictates... going for the 30 degree hair line angle is
paramount to everything.  So far in my experience this has been so.  I've
had incredible results so far, albeit slow changes.... on changing the
high/low heel syndrome.  U must work on them more often than usual.... but
I'm bringing those club feet down to a more normal & matching angle with the
low (& actually the good) heel.  I've solved at least two cases of chronic
lameness by getting that club down.  Not to bash farriers, & certainly not
all of them... but they have a habit of just continuing to shoe a club foot
allowing it to get more & more contracted.  A horse that's a little clubby
at 3-4 years old that is constantly kept in shoes & not therapeutically
trimmed to lower those high club heels is just going to continue to get more
& more clubby &  contracted as he ages.  Eventually, this has to effect his
way of going.

I'll never forget the heartache of Darla Westlake at the ROC on the Big Horn
course where she was passed all day with thumbs up on her horse's somewhat
weird gait (due to a club foot), then pulled at the finish.  We were video
taping that day for a video coverage & have lots of footage.  He even had a
weird walk.... most vets accepted this, but somehow at the finish they
didn't.  However, knowing what I know now, if this horse had been corrected
early on, he might have  become more even & his uneven gait would not of
detracted from what was one of the most outstanding 10,000 mile (I  believe)
horses in AERC history.
djbd

Darolyn Butler-Dial  & Mark Dial  (COWBOY)

             CYPRESS TRAILS EQUESTRIAN CENTER & HORSEMAN VIDEO SHOWCASE

             Proven Endurance Horses for Sale or Lease.

Adventure Trail Rides * Boarding * Training*Lessons *Parties

Represents:   Sharon Saare Saddles, Professional Choice, Advanced Biological
Concepts,  & KM (Human Electrolytes)

ADVOCATE :THE WHOLE HORSE TRIM (Barefootin")

21415 Cypresswood Dr.  Humble, Texas 77338

        Ph:  281 446 7232    Fax 281 446 0113  Toll Free (800) 228 8768

      e mail: darolyn@swbell.net <mailto:darolyn@swbell.net>
http://home.swbell.net/darolyn/