Re: RC: Thunder Storms, pain killer of choice.

At 08:30 AM 7/1/01, you wrote:
>Ibuprohen.  Works the best for me.  But only 2 at a time.

I have always taken 2 before hopping on my horse, along with a *minimum* of
8 oz of water.  I've read that ibuprofen is dangerous to take if you're
dehydrated.  Since lots of bad stuff can happen if you're dehydrated, I try
to make sure I'm not.

I have also read about the blood (un)clotting issue - if  this is true, I
wonder how the product can be sold over the counter.  It would seem anyone
who takes ibuprofen regularly and according to directions could trip and
fall and bleed to death in their own home.  Heaven forbid someone should
chop veggies for dinner if they take the stuff.

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RIDE June 8, 2002
* Distance Riding group/individual mentoring programs
* Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
* Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options