RE: 7/1 re: Butler on Barefoot/Strasser/fads...

Club foot or not club foot there is one thing that is disturbing to me with
all of the talk about the bare foot trend. The adamant, strict conformation
to a hair line at an angle of 30 degrees to the horizontal.

Now we all know that the horse is an individual and each one has it's own
idiosyncrasies, yet we are told every horse should have the HAIR LINE AT 30
DEGREED ON ALL FEET!

Lay it out for your self on paper heel measurement of 3cm. (1 3/16 inch),
sole horizontal, hair line at 20 degrees, toe angle of 45 degrees and toe
length is absolutely controlled by the foot size. But then we hear that the
toe should be a certain length so that is really controlling the foot size.

No I have to disagree with this premise of certain angles and lengths. the
horse is an individual and each foot is an individual with it's own
requirements.

So where do you disagree?

Bob