Re: RC: Grass on Tevis Trail-Not

Sylvia, I said there were 3 holds, the rest of the checks are P+R's or flybys. Mile 10 no check, mile 21 trot through, mile 36 1 hr hold, mile 46 no check, mile 51 trot through, mile 56 P+R, mile 63 1 hr hold, mile 69, 1 hr hold, (why you go 6 miles and have another hold, I don't know unless it is a very grueling 6 miles) mile 86 P+R, mile 94 P+R and then you are done. I only meant there were 3 actual holds. . That is right off their home page. I am sure you can stay as long as you want at any of the checks but I am guessing that they are trying to give you as much ride time as possible so that you can finish in time. Have you done this ride? Will you be there this year? Fill me in! I can't wait to go and watch! Lisa Salas, The Odd fARM<----- Original Message -----
From: Dbeverly4@aol.com
To: wwho20@hotmail.com ; jsalas@tampabay.rr.com
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: RC: Grass on Tevis Trail-Not

In a message dated 6/27/01 8:25:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
wwho20@hotmail.com writes:

To Jsalas: If you plan on riding the Tevis next year don't count on grass
along the trail to graze your horse. Some Riders do carry small amount of
tidbits such as carrots, pellets or grain etc. Bye Hope

I may have missed part of this discussion, but there are plenty of stops
along the Tevis trail to allow your horse to eat.  Granted not alot of
munchies just growing wild beside the trail, but ALL of the vet checks
provide plenty of hay/carrots/bran mashes along the way.  Someone mentioned
there only being 3.  That is incorrect.  I won't bother to count them up now,
but there are multiple places along the way where feed is supplied by the
ride.  It really is an incredibly well run and well organized ride.  The real
secret is to TAKE THE TIME along the way to let your horse eat!.  The Tevis
volunteers are absolutely the best and I'm sure hoping they have those PB&J
sandwiches for the riders at Franciscos this year <g>.

Sylvia