Re: Just what is LD competition?

John,

That't up to the RM. When I run a ride I am pretty careful to plan out my budget. It turns out that the cost for an LD is less than that for a 50.  If you were only running an LD you could let most of the vets go by noon - hence a half day rather than a full day.  In fact on all the rides I have run, I do have half day vets to take care of the LD and minimize lines. The other cost is prizes.

At most rides these days the cost of the LD is less, but not that much less. In general from what I remember from my budget computations, the LD's usually subsidize the longer distances a bit just because there tend to be more of them.

Truman

John Bass wrote:

Truman, Unlike my friend Sylvia, it makes no difference to me who rides what distance, when or how fast. What I don't understand is why they pay less money to do it. Why don't all distances pay the same entry?John