<ridecamp@endurance.net>
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 9:18 AMSubject: RC: Re: Bet is On /
ti/Bill/Smokey
> No need to flame Heidi.  What has happened is that on another list (Iver's
> Horsescience list), a member of the list started posting training results,
> blood glucose readings, and competition ride results that were amazing.
He > was supposedly using a supplement protocol that involved a CarboCharge
type > product (I think AGL or GL? Anyway, one that Iver's sells).  He got a
whole > bunch of endurance people very interested in his protocol because
all of a > sudden he was winning 50's.  Then someone asked where he  was
competing, and > the storm came up because he and Tom have not been willing
to disclose where > the guy is competing.

> This topic becomes important to mainstream endurance riders because >
nutritional gurus like Susan tell us that CarboCharge can get horses into >
big trouble in a hurry because they feel good enough to go on  despite >
impending metabolic crisis, yet here is this other professional horseperson
> that many people respect telling people someone is having fantastic
results > moving his horse up using it.>  > So while it seems like an
annoying waste of bandwidth, there's something > going on that's kind of
important.  If the  rides and results of this guy > using AGL are false,
then a whole bunch of people who started using the
> product based on his results may be endangering their horses. >  > I'm not
trying to piss you off more or flame you back.  Heidi got stuck in > this
because of Tom and it's not her fault that this is going on.   rankly, > I
think she's smart for answering his posts publicly.  She's trying to keep >
it above the board.  I know you are a reasonable lady, please just hit the >
delete key and ignore this whole topic rather than getting so angry about >
it. >  > Happy trails -> > Michelle