Re: Re: [endurance] Difference in Arabians

Me, too...I lost my head, Jim, in my last post.  I am partial to "our"
bloodlines and though they are Egyptian bloodlines, I will admit that I
believe their early upbringing and training AND their willingness to bond
with people and give their "all" are the characteristics that mean so much
to us.  I couldn't imagine riding a horse for ANY distance if we didn't have
some kind of rapport that allowed us BOTH to have fun, finishing or winning.
I am fortunate to be able to do the very thing you mentioned... start with a
young horse and bring them along myself.  My 16 year old gelding (a Synbad
great grandson...definitely not Egyptian) who started me in the sport was
the kind of horse that is easy to be "one" with...I never had to think about
what we were doing or where we were going.  We just "knew".  I am hoping to
develop the same thing with Malik.  It's coming along...we understand each
other and love each other and this spring I can "feel" that mutual feeling
growing.  What a rush!!   :)  And who says you're too old?  You're only as
old as you feel and if you're riding endurance, come on, you gotta feel
young then!!  :)
Maggie