Re: RC: melanomas and ulcers

Thanks to everyone who responded on this thread.  For the thin horse I am
going to do the purge worming, and I picked up Accel for pro-bi's, brewer's
yeast, and beer to add to her beetpulp (beer is her idea of yummy).  In
addition, I'll give a course of Tagamet and will eventually switch to aloe
juice.  Hey, after buying a horse, trailer, fencing, truck, pasture, yada
yada, who cares *what* a few supplements cost? ;-)

A couple of people mentioned that they gave Tagamet and didn't have to dose
it 3-4 times per day, the bottle of Tagamet says something about it being
most effective for 3-4 hours after ingestion, which is probably why my vet
wants it fed so often.  She'll be a pro at oral dosing by the end of May
(our first distance ride).

I'll post an update in a month or so.

Happy trails,

Michelle