RE: About Tom.. to Susan - NOT

Hey Barb, that's Me who's the WITCH!  I actually kinda did
like the way it rolled on the keyboard... felt good to vent.

But anyway, I don't think it's as black and white as racing
and non-racing.  There are plenty of top riders, like Heather
Bergantz, who covete the BC far above being 1st Place.  But
you still have to make that Top 10.  The original endurance
ride - Tevis - was and still is Extreme Sport. I saw her
practice her BC showmanship with Red before the 20 Mule
Team ride.  She rode a smart race, came in 2nd along
with Dom Freeman and won BC.  I teased her afterwards that
"you KNEW you were going to win it." And she just gave
me a big sheepish grin, and said "yeah I knew it."  And I
know for a fact, Dom would have loved to have that BC too!

And people like Karen Chaton have been following ti's input,
using CarboCharge and getting BCs and placing well on
multi-days.  Never done a multi-day but I don't believe
they are "racing" each day of a multi-day!  Tom does have
a clue about the difference between carbo-loading a race
horse and carb-supplementing an endurance horse, but I bet
that he's just not as "dialed into" endurance horse protocol
refinements as he would be if there was as much money in
doing a Tevis or Biltmore as there is in the racetrack (or Dubai.)

Kathy Mayeda