Re: Complete feeds

> With all this talk of 'complete' feeds, has anyone ever wondered what
> the psychological effects of a hayless -or minimal hay- diet might be on
> our horses?

Hi Lisa -

If you re-read the post attached to your email, they were developing a
non-hay feed for horses with allergies or COPD (heaves).  In that context, a
pelleted feed is a reasonable solution to keep those performances horses
healthy & comfortable.  Also, the original poster was looking for something
she could pack cross-country to feed her Icelandic when grass is not
available.  I think it's good that there is availability of complete
pelleted feeds for these special cases.  :-)

Happy trails -

Michelle