a feeding question

Hi - I have to say that even though many of my trail-riding friends like
to ridicule ridecamp, I feel that I learn a lot, even though it requires
a heavy hand on the delete button from time-to-time. Right now, the
trend seems to be leaning toward lots of steam and very little
substance. So, does anybody care to help me with a nagging question
about equine nutrition?

My question regards calcium/phosphorus ratio. I know that there needs to
be more calcium than phosphorus. I feed my horse a lot of beet pulp
(shredded type, about 2 quarts, twice a day). He gets it heavily soaked
(read: soup), with about 2 quarts of grain (12% protein sweet feed)
mixed in at each feeding. He loves his big, steaming bucket of gruel and
slops up every drop. He gets free-choice, medium-quality grass hay, and
of course, water and salt. He is coming 6 years old, and about halfway
through his first couple years of LSD base-building. He is doing great -
looks sleek and fit, and just the right weight - about a 5.5 on the body
condition scale.

So here's my question: I heard from somebody that beet pulp has a lot of
calcium. What in his diet has phosphorus, and how can I evaluate whether
the ratio is OK? Any takers? Thanks in advance.

Chelle Sherman and Mystik Star (the one with a beet pulp moustache)
Plainfield, NH