Re: RC: breeder ethics

In a message dated 2/4/00 9:01:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, woa@stormnet.com
writes:

<< Keep that info coming because I've been out of touch with that whole DNA
 research into markers for the last few years. You might want to call
 Texas A&M as they were at the forefront of the research about markers
 and trying to separate the breeds.  >>

Actually, Bette, I just got a post from a genetic researcher friend to whom
someone else had forwarded your original post.  He was concerned at the
misinformation, and said that the horse breeders were trying to GET
researchers to come up with breed markers, not that the researchers were
actually saying they could do it.  And he thought the closest work was coming
out of Kentucky, not out of A&M, for what it's worth, although I gather they
do a lot of good work there.

Heidi