Re: RC: Re: Now Cannons was Belesemo

Again Heidi
It's just preferences. My husband says he feels like Juan Valdez on the
coffee donkey riding the smaller Arabs. Now who are we to argue with him
or anyone. People need to ride on mounts they feel comfortable on. If
your husband feels good on a smaller Arab, that's wonderful. That
doesn't negate my husband's feelings or anyone's, for that matter. We
all have to do what feels best for us and no one can dictate "how"
someone else SHOULD feel. If you could figure out how to do that, let me
know. I've been a mental health therapist now for over 20 years and no
matter how many workshops I go to or how many books I read, I still
haven't figured out how to make a person feel one way or another, and,
actually, I wouldn't want that responsibility anyway. I have enough
stuff to work on of my own.
So why don't we just say that everyone has the right to choose what they
want to ride. I've already said I have no problem with small horses and
in fact one of my favorite trail horses was 14.2 on a good day AND
sometimes I like riding my 16hh gelding and IT IS ALL OK. Have you
noticed that it seems like the people who breed the shorter Arabs are
picking on the breeders who breed both, yet I haven't seen any of the
latter pick on the ones who breed the smaller ones. Hey, guys, there is
room in this market for BOTH and yes, I have been reminded that Baskin
Robbins makes 31--yes---31 flavors of ice cream (sorry for getting it
mixed up with my old employer Howard Johnsons, which most of you have
probably never heard of). Grin.
Bette
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov
http://www.stormnet.com/~woa
I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes. Smell the roses!