helmets

Just got my EN> I would like to respond to Kat Rodosevich's letter published in EN . Ms Rodosevich stated that the ONLY reason to not wear a helmet is vanity. That is simply not true, I do not wear one, I do not because they are very uncomfortable, hurt my neck and give me a headache and aggravate me to pieces, and do truly ruin my ride experience. Period !! Nothing vain about that, I just find them unbearable. I ride allot of colts, and occasionally I will put one on . I think  wearing a helmet is fine, and I am certainly in favor of the rule for children. But I am not a child, I think that the AERC has plenty enough rules, we are a sport, that means we do it to enjoy it, I am absolutely against a helmet rule.  Not because I think helmets are  a bad thing, but just because I value my rite of choice, and I chose not to wear one, and it certainly has nothing to do with vanity. Any one that knows me knows vanity is certainly not on my agenda. I just feel that you are just as entitled to your helmet and your opinion, as I am entitled to my floppy hat and my opinion. But you do not have the rite to force your personal  attire on me.  Anne George