Re: RC: Re: Re: Ride cards valuable?

At 06:59 PM 10/02/2000 -0400, Mieske wrote:

>So do you know without looking at your card if you have all As or if your
>gut sounds are a B or whatever?

Well, you should know the status of your horse before you present to the
vet.  Whether or not he had an A or B on gut sounds is really not as
important as whether or not he is eating and drinking, pooping, etc. like
he should be.  Having just passed over the 6,000 mile mark at Outlaw Trail
last week (wait till you guys see the pics), I've learned as I've gotten
more experienced that it's a lot more important for me to know how my horse
is doing than any vet, and quite frankly, I really don't care what most
vets put on my vet card.  Just an OK is good enough for me.  I know how the
horse feels when I'm riding him, and how he is moving and taking care of
himself, and most importantly, how well he recovers post-ride.

I do have vet cards from the horses first ride(s), since they each have a
binder with their entire ride histories (we won't discuss the current
condition of said binders <G>).  All the rides in Northern Nevada seem to
return vet cards to you with a copy of the ride results a few weeks after
the ride.  I got to keep my vet card from all 5 days of Outlaw Trail. :^)