electrolyte before ?!?

I have a mare that will not drink during the first 20 miles to save her life. I drench her with water when the other horses drink, but she will not drink on her own. In the breaks I make her a special gruel. It is completely covered in water, so she slurps that up.

I thought that maybe the electrolytes before an outing hit her wrong. Is this possible. Any suggestion? Should I just not electrolyte her until 10 or 15 miles? My other horses don't care. My gelding will swallow the electrolytes in one gulp then chase it with a mouth full of gruel and a big bite of hay. Then take a big swig of water to wash it all down... What a pig! I love this guy!

Laurie