splints

I have a question for all of you out there....(I'm sure this topic has been
brought up before, but me being a "newbie" have not seen any info).
I'm just curious how splints can/will affect the endurance horse.  I have a
3 y.o. 3/4 Arab filly that developed a splint when she was a yearling (got
scared by a bear....ran quite a ways, including through a few fences....nice
big vet bill).  She has never had a problem with it since- no
swelling/heat/lameness.
I want to start ground work with her in the next few months (I'm not going
to start riding her until she is four, just in case anyone was wondering).
So, anyone out there had/have a successful endurance horse with a splint?
Is there any extra precautions I should take other then hosing down that leg
before and after I excercise her?  Other then that, she is a very nice
mover, and has good conformation, and great mind.
Thanks in advance!!
*Betsy*
Angie (when do we get to start playing, mom)
Majah (it's time to start getting in condition for the endurance
season ALREADY?)
Babe  (I don't know if I can last another 7 weeks, the baby is
starting to kick already....)
Livin' in beautiful Colorado (no other place we'd rather be...)