Re: RC: splints

At 10:52 AM 1/24/00 -0800, Betsy See wrote:
>So, anyone out there had/have a successful endurance horse with a splint?
>Is there any extra precautions I should take other then hosing down that
>leg before and after I excercise her?  Other then that, she is a very nice
>mover, and has good conformation, and great mind.
>Thanks in advance!!

Betsy:  Most splints are nothing to worry about.  If your horse is sound
and isn't sore then I wouldn't worry about it.  My horses both have
splints, and they both got them during 'off' periods.  So much for time off
being good for them, eh?

Happy Trails,

Karen
in NV
& Weaver, not getting any time off this winter :+)
& Rocky.....who has a HUMONGOUS splint but it hasn't ever bothered him
(over 2200 miles without a pull)