geldings getting along

This isn't exactly endurance related, but I was hoping someone on the list
could help me with a question about my two geldings fighting.  My Appy
gelding is turning two this year.  I've raised this horse from a baby and he
has been the sweetest, most mellow horse to deal with until about a couple of
months ago.  A couple of months ago, he started developing a real attitude --
at about the time that Special came to live with us and my Arab filly came
home after the show season -- whether that is coincidence or not, I don't
know.  Anyway, since that time, he has challenged me (kicked me) and keeps
challenging my old TWH gelding, Laddie.  And I'm not talking about just
biting at each other -- he's lashing out with front hooves, kicking with both
back legs, running from one side of an 80 pasture to the other just to kick
at Laddie, etc.  So far, Laddie is holding his own, but he is getting up
there in years and has a history of hock problems and I'm getting really
concerned about him getting hurt.  The Appy is already about two inches
taller than Laddie and almost as heavy, and he's still growing.

So, can anyone tell me if this problem is a big concern?  Or should I just
sit back and wait for the Appy to outgrow it?  How long does out growing it
take?

Rhonda and Special