geldings getting along

I can't help you with laddie but as far as you...carry a whip and any time he
turns his rump to you give him a good smack with it...I had a colt like that
years ago...He would run past me and kick as he went by as well as turn his
rump to me...I carried the longest whip I could find and as he ran by I would
smack him and any time he turned his rump to me I would smack him too... now
this can be a chore to catch him cause when you go to catch him if he turns
his rump to you, you have to smack him...he is naturally going to run
off...then you have to go catch him again and this can happen two or three
times untill he gets it...Don't turn your rump to me!!!!!
   But once he gets it...thats usually it...you'll never have to deal with
that again.
As far as poor ol Laddie maybe a fence?