Ohio trail closure

Riders!  It is important to find out WHY the Forestry Departmnet is
recommending closure of the trails in that forest for three months - all
winter months it should be noted.  Perhaps in order to save the trails for
sping summer and fall riding, the trail needs relief during the winter.  I
don't know what Ohio is like in the winter, but Indiana, Michigan, Illinois
were pretty cold, icy, and unpleasant when I was growing up.  Perhaps
keeping users out will preserve the ground rather than cause undo stress by
packing it down harder.

I don't think we can afford to approach every recommended closure with
resistance.  That's no way to gain allies and or access.  Ohio riders,
express your concern, but be realistic - learn the reasons why, and maybe
how we as riders can help the Forestry Department - maybe monitor the
closure with periodic ride - a few people volunteering - to count who is in
there who shouldn't.   Become "deputies" in order to sustain access.

Janet B (in Washington State, where it is too darn WET and dangerous to do
much winter riding)