RE: re: can my horse do endurance

    Ihave only been to NATRC rides in Texas and
Arkansas. the picture you painted is very different
from what I saw and experienced. Its true you do have
a window to complete the ride in, which can be
accomplished very easily with walking and trotting.
Water was available at all the PR's as well as creeks
along the way inbetween the PR's. On the rides I
attended the PR stops were in the shade and I saw a
majority of the riders lyting their horses as well as
removing saddles and pouring water on their horses
necks. I guess it all depends on the ride and who puts
it on, but I imagine that would be true with endurance
as well. All I was pointing out was CTR is another
alternative to help you get your feet wet at lesser
milage and a slower pace, atleast in the novice
division.
   For a newbie its very hard to ride your own race,
pace yourself, and not get cought up in the excitement
of the moment at an endurance ride. For myself, I
found out CTR helped me learn to do this. I don't know
if I would have been so wise without the CTR learning
experiences.

Penny