RE: Dead/Alive -TEVIS RESCUE Part 2

I hear of a few horror stories from Tevis, I think that it is just
common sense to at least have a list of resources to handle such
emergencies; and have these resources at least notified that they
may be called upon during the event.  Maybe having the list of
resources available to all riders and crews will take the burden
off of ride management to have to respond to all individual crises so
they could concentrate on the rest of the riders. After all these
individual crises tend to have a ripple effect over the whole ride,
doesn't it?

While I was writing this, I just flashed on TevSweep.  These are
people who volunteer and have to put in some hours to be qualified
to volunteer.  I have no first hand knowledge of this group except
that I wanted to volunteer but did not have the qualifications nor
the time to do so.  Maybe if we could get this group to become
some bunch of superheroes and have it be such an elite thing to
become part of the group and attract wanna-be superheroes they
could become an integral wheel in the search and rescue operations
and be able to contact the appropriate authorities on behalf of
the rider and ride management.  Just a thought.  Maybe I watch too
many movies. Or maybe they are already somewhat serving this function,
I don't know!  In my mind, they are already performing an admirable
function for the ride.

Kathy