rescue services

Like I said later in my post, this may not be appropriate for our sport
but having a network for folks that know the area and can be mobilized
if needed, a la the OD experience I mentioned, would go a long way.

Tina

At 01:13 PM 8/10/00 -0500, Tina wrote:
>every other horse event I've attended (dressage, h/j, eventing, etc...)
>always have a rescue squad, ambulance, something on grounds.

Then Lif Wrote:
"Something on grounds" pretty much says it all.  Now somebody tell me if
mounted orienteering, competitive trail riding, and any other equestrian
event that covers as many miles of trail has a rescue squad available
for
HORSES.  And I'm curious what such a rescue squad would consist of.  At
race tracks there's a veterinary ambulance right next to the track.  How
many veterinary ambulances are available in this country?  Should
helicopters be standing by with slings to airlift horses out?  There's
lots
of people who think RMs should provide "support" but just does this
mean?  I think when it's spelled out, it's not nearly as realistic a
proposal as it seems on the surface. Lif