SW Mt. Fires

Sandy , we are in the same situation as you with the fires . We fought one
for three days on the circle S ranch which is next to our ranch , 3
helicopters , 2 fire redardant planes and fire crews and then us locals all
fighting it , today it is just a mop up day so they didn't need us locals ,
but that's what they said the day before and then it flared up again .We
are also on the 2nd stage of an evac as there is also the possibility of
the wisdom fire coming in on us as it is totally out of control and headed
our way , especially since there is only one way out of this valley ! FS
said they would put up helicopters to let us know where the cows are to
head them out of the mountains if worse comes to worse . Have the horses
close by and ready to start trailing them down if need be , still trying to
figure out how fast a person can trail sheep if it comes to that :-)))
Smoke isn't too bad today but I went thru Darby the other day and it is a
sad sight  , burnt right up to the highway on both sides of the road and as
of day before yesterday 50 some houses lost . Looked like the river ranch
was taking in evac horses from that area .I'll be thinking of you at noon !
                                                            Drin Becker
                                                            Mt. Region