RE: Dead/Alive -TEVIS RESCUE Part 2

Lif, I don't think Denise was criticizing the WSTF organization for
not having a professional horse rescue unit at the ride.
I think that she just wanted a little more communication among
all parties so that there is a mechanism that the proper people
could be called upon in such emergencies - not
necessarily for horse emergency services to be on total standby.

I certainly would want to have a responsive ride management in
the time of crisis, not one who would simply say "its a tough
ride, we told you so, so you should have stayed home, and quit
whining."  Accidents and metabolic failures happen to the
most seasoned riders. The TevSweep volunteers are real key here,
and they represent the management, right?

Denise is providing future riders a service by bringing this
to the WSTF and our attention.  I don't look upon this as
as complaining, but a real proactive approach to resolve a
lack of communication.

Incidently, I have talked to experienced top riders who avoid this
ride because of previous traumatic experiences, the
logistics of the terrain with so many horses and the number of unprepared
riders on leased horses.  I think maybe this is not just your
normal endurance ride, eh?

Kathy