RC: Re: RE: slant load vs straight load

Horse and Rider magazine did an article on studies done on this very subject
(horse comfort in trailers)---but I cannot quote you date, issue, etc.    I
remember that they thought the horse was least comfortable in a
straight-load with a manger -  couldn't get their head down to flex their
necks.    Seems like riding facing backward was most comfortable followed by
slant---but don't quote me on this.   They studied this by doing vital
signs, etc., during travel.

Claudia
Provin's Promises
CMK Arabian Horses