Aussie pads

Lysanne,

I have been riding in Aussies for quitw some time, and love them dearly! I
have used a lot of different pads, and have found that it really makes no
difference in saddle performance what pad you use.  I have a thin neoprene
western pad with w navaho I use when I am training, or when I use my saddle
bags, and if I'm competing, and it's hot, I use an endurance style pad that
is cordura and felt.  It covers a lot less horse, so keeps her cooler.

English cinches will NOT work....The buckles are a different size.  Aussie
cinches in neoprene are great, just be sure whatever you get has roller
buckles.  Personally, I hate aussie cinches and am converting mine to
western.  Australian Stock Saddle Company in California has converters that
buckle onto the billets, then you use regular latigo straps and a western
cinch.

I have a Dingo Poley I bought from Down Under last year.  I love it!  It's
made by Syd Hill, and fits my mare so well, I can mount her without
tightening the cinch at all!  I put leather covered EZ Rider stirrups on 4
inch fender leathers, and it's a great ride.

Hope this all helps, and have fun!

Julie, Rayna the Mountain Monster, Jynxie the Wonder Pony,
Mark and Decker the Rookie
Brush Prairie, Washington