Re: RC: meals at rides

At 01:40 PM 6/6/00 EDT, RICMARC@aol.com wrote:
>David, My husband cooks for many rides. And usually a
>rider with a diet problem will contact management and let
>them know. He has made seperate meals for riders and it
>take little effort. It is you who must make the request.

I thought this one was sent off-line, so I'll re-post -

That's nice that you have that available - most rides can't make seperate
meals. Again, just let people know what to expect.  In your case, say that
you'll provide a meal, and that anyone with special diets should let you
know in advance.

If I know that you can do that for me, I'd be more than happy to let you
know in advance, and I think it is great you can do that.  However, if it
is going to be really inconvenient, I'd feel pushy even asking.  Ride
managers have a lot to worry about, and I can take care of myself - I just
want to know what to expect.

David LeBlanc
dleblanc@mindspring.com