Re: RC: leg wraps

>What does wrapping a horse's legs after a workout do? Also, while I'm
thinking about it, what >kind of >things should be done after a long ride
(50+) to make the horse feel
>better. >I'm not talking about a sick or injured horse. I know I'm
sore/stiff >the next >day so I figure he is too.

I asked Valarie Kanavey if she wrapped legs after a ride.  She said she
doesn't, because if something was strained, or whatever, she wanted to
see the swelling.  I was glad that was her answer because it justified my
laziness.

I'm a believer in walking the horse.  I'm not one bit stiffer after a 100
than I am after a 50 and I think it's because I usually get off and walk
several miles towards the end after it gets dark.  That seems to make all
the difference.  I've never wrapped Kaboot and he never stocks up or
anything.  He's on a picket line and I take him for a few walks but don't
get up during the night or anything.  I know some very successful riders
who do paint the horses legs with something and wrap them, and I wouldn't
mind knowing what it is just in case I ever feel I've got a horse who
needs it, but for now I'm happy to be lazy.

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.